Thursday, May 17, 2007

New office manager - with dragonfly

Mrs. Judy We have a new office manager. I've known her for several years; she used to work for one of our customers. She's been of about a year and a half. They expect her to be "tough" on us, but we'll see. She's very sweet, very competent, etc etc... Our customers appear to like her so far.

She also makes me "as nervous as a cat". She's trying to catch on so very quickly. Trying to corral me -- which is part of her job, I'm told. Trying to understand how I work and how to interpret what I say. She's been asking for explanations of the processes which are my job; the paperwork, the way to handle my callers and certain customers. I'm glad to share all that, of course, but I'm also trying to wrap up like a THOUSAND loose ends before I leave for Destin on Sunday. So, I'm fidgety and trying to get lots done and she's trying to work. It'll work out and I'm not unhappy.

Judy wore the neatest blouse (or shirt, according to Adrienne) today. It had an embroidered dragonfly on the upper left quadrant. I thought at first that it was a brooch, but it's actually part of the shirt. She bought it at the Kellwood outlet, she said.

Dragonflies are said to represent new light and joy. Some cultures, however, view them as evil or sinister things -- the "devil's needle" or "ear cutter" -- and are linked to injury. I prefer to focus on the positive symbolism -- some Native American tribes say they represent swiftness and activity. Some tribes see them as a symbol of renewal after a time of hardship. The Japanese see courage, happiness and strength.

I just thought it was a neat shirt (or blouse) or whatever.




Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: