Friday, May 18, 2007

Fashion for geeks, thanks women-folk!

I've got lots of women in my life -- I get lots of fashion advice, advice about how to act, what to wear. I'm pretty luck. The other morning, I had a long conversation with Marilyn and Judy in our office. I had lost some weight and Judy knew that. I asked about pants and how I generally didn't like the pants I was wearing because they weren't cuffed.

I always wear cuffed pants, but Judy said, "You shouldn't wear cuffed pants." Cuffs are out and pleats are out, apparently. You know, all of my pants are pleated, except for maybe two pair. I guess I like pleats 'cause my dad has always worn pleats. That's what they bought me when I was young. Old habits are hard to break.

Flat fronted pants -- they're a new thing for me. I need to check that out.

I've got women in my life that help me with my "fashion". Some of them are older women, like Judy and Marilyn and my mother. Some of them are younger women, like Liz, who told me last year to "loosen up". I started with untucking my shirt and wearing tennis shoes. Now I've even got a woven belt with no loops -- it's like a strap around my waist. It's not leather, it's simpe cloth.I like it. I've also got some flip-flops (or "thongs" as the Europeans" call them). Flip flops are a big step for me, you know.

Some of these women are older, huggable women. Some of these women are foks I cuddle with; some are folks I'd like to cuddle with. I have an interesting life with so many women trying to help me.

I found a website the other day, which I've shared with some of you, called "Fashion for Nerds". My women-folk aren't wrong, according to this website.

What other advice can you give me?





Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: