Sunday, May 13, 2007

New flops



New flops

Originally uploaded by chiacomo.
On Lindsay's recommendation, with advice from Adrienne (she said I needed "substantial man flops"), and some in-store guidance from Sara,

I purchased my first pair of flip-flops, ever. I remember wearing a pair of flip-flops when I was very young, I think they had a picture of Snoopy the Dog on them, but I have no idea where they are and I know they wouldn't fit.



Those of you who know me well will remember that I have a thing about my feet. The standard story is that when I was very young my father used to sit me on the side of the road and that people would stop as they passed saying, "Oh my! Look at that little boy with the ugly feet."



I wouldn't say that I have a complex, exactly, but I've always been self-conscious about my feet. Only my closest friends have previously seen my feet. Thanks to the influence of a certain person, however, I'm changing slowly. I'm becoming less conservative in my dress (see also the GREAT plaid shorts in this picture). I'm not tucking my shirt in when I'm not working... I dunno. Liz said last year that I needed to "loosen up". I'm trying Liz, I am, and I think I'm enjoying it.



I don't like feet in general. I like Adrienne's feet and Lindsay's, but I'm not too fond of most people's feet. I don't think I'm gonna get over my "foot thing" any time soon.



So, should I buy some more flops or should I ditch these suckers and hide them?





Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: