Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm an Australian!

I'm not a beach fan, really. The sun is fine, but I'm fair skinned. The sand is fine, but it gets in all my shoes. I like the night life; I like to boogie.

For years, there's been little to do after dark except to wander the beach looking for "friends". Now, thanks to the miracle of modern development, one can party and "club" into the wee hours of the morning at Sandestin's "Village at Baytowne Wharf". There are 4 GREAT nightclubs and at least one good neighborhood bar (where folks remember your name). All this little country boy has to do is board the free tram and cross the highway and I'm set to go.

Tonight I met the nicest guy from Australia named Dwayne. He was friendly enough, has a neat job and stuff. The BEST thing about Dwayne, though, is that he's from Australia. WOMEN LOVE GUYS WITH FUNNY ACCENTS. I won't go into details, but I'll say that I don't mind being lumped into the Australian crowd at the clubs at Baytowne Wharf. It was the funniest thing; 19 and 21 year old coeds kept screaming, "They're from Australia!!!!" Of course, being the gentleman that I am, I kept stressing that HE was an Aussie, but I was from Tennessee. Even with my carefully cultivated Tennessee drawl, they didn't seem to notice. Apparently, for tonight, I TOO was from Australia. My new nationality served me well. She was 21, I swear.

Technorati Tags:, , ,

No comments: