Thursday, May 24, 2007

More on "Wagon Wheel"

Old Crow Medicine ShowI know I've already blogged today, but I was reading a bit about Old Crow and found this link to a recent blog about the song "Wagon Wheel" released by Old Crow.

Talking with Tim and Chad (who I mentioned in my previous entry today) about the song last night, none of us could remember the story behind the song. We knew that Old Crow had most recently made the song famous, but we also knew that in fact, it was a cover of someone else's song. Chad was convinced that it was Alison Kraus and Tim agreed with him -- probably to get him to shut up. I knew that wasn't right, but I couldn't remember the story. Now, thanks to the miracle of the interweb, we find the true story on the Nine Bullets blog. Yeah. It's a Bob Dylan song which he never completed for a move I've never seen. Oh well....

The neatest thing about that link, though, is that they're offering several different versions of the song for download. If you'd like a copy of these different versions and can't download for some reason, let me know. I'll divshare them to you... Cool beans!

Technorati Tags:, ,

No comments: