Thursday, August 16, 2007

Plum tuckered out...

The heat is getting to me. The drought is getting to me. Life is getting to me.

I need a vacation and so I will have one. The waves breaking, the sand between my toes, the fish in my belly... Destin, here I come.

I will celebrate my birthday on the sugar-fine sand beaches of the Emerald Coast. If you're gonna be around Destin the week of August 27, let me know!

My father is somewhat upset, however, that I will miss HIS birthday while I'm gone. In retribution, he's making plans to attend B.B. King's concert in Tunica. That's almost enough to make me stay -- but not quite. He also claims that he's going to play golf -- again, to see my father in the heat of summer on the golf course is almost enough to keep me in our small town. My mother tactfully asked him how many holes he plans to play. My father replied, "All of them!" "How many days will that take?" my mother asked... He responded with a scowl.

No comments: