Thursday, August 23, 2007

A little Hank Williams: "You Win Again"

As you may know, I’ve been playing around with an Autoharp for several months. At the same time, I’ve fallen in love with Hank Williams, Sr. He recorded lots of music. His themes seem to be confined basically to:

  • Lost, Unrequited, or Spurned Love
  • His Mother Dying
  • Gospel Music
I’ve played a few gospel numbers for various church and community gatherings. I’ve not had a chance to play anything else, really. I recorded myself playing “You Win Again” tonight. It’s not terribly bad, I think, but I’m not a professional . You can have a look at the lyrics by visiting the LyricWiki page for “You Win Again”.

You can have a listen to my version here:





So, I think I don’t need to be on the road. Still, it was fun! What do you think of Hank Williams or my rendition of his song/


Technorati Tags:, , ,

No comments: