Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas roundup

Christmas has come and gone -- and it wasn't as bad as I feared. I'd been afraid that I would get caught up in the melancholy that strikes following the holiday -- the melancholy brought on by remembrance of holidays past along with the memories of people and opportunities gone.

But... we had a relatively relaxed day. We decided Christmas eve not to have Christmas until after church. We ended up having Aunt Rete, Matt, and Joseph for lunch. Finally, around 1:30, we opened our gifts. I ended up getting a new laser printer -- which is great 'cause I'd like to be able to print stuff at home. It's working really well.

Samuel seemed to be very pleased with his gifts -- an MP3 Player, lots of clothes, and some computer games. He's a great kid.

Christmas night, I went to Scott and Patti's to see Tori and Jeff. We had supper and watched some movies. Matt and Jeremy showed up after a bit. It was a relaxing night.

Trevor came in today (Monday) with his new girlfriend Casey to visit Tori and Jeff (again at Scott and Patti's). She's absolutely charming. I really miss Trevor -- I'd like for him to move to Memphis, and that's a possibility.

Tori got a new portable DVD player, Jeff got a "sack-o-balls", Justin and Allison got a stomach virus (they're stuck in Middle Tennessee).

Yeah. Overall, this was a great holiday. Now what should I do for new years?

No comments: