Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Man stabs pit bull in attack

 

When McElrath looked outside, he saw a pit bill attacking his pet. After repeatedly beating the pit with a skillet to no effect, McElrath retrieved an eight-inch butcher knife and began to stab the pit bull.

Dyersburg State Gazette: Story: Man stabs pit bull in attack

 

Wow. My father told me about this a few weeks ago. I looked up the story tonight.

I don't hate pit bulls, I don't even dislike them. I hate that they have so often become status symbols and even weapons. I am disgusted with irresponsible pet owners. I am sad that two animals, in this case, died because of an irresponsible dog owner failed to properly restrain his animal, that that animal was not properly cared for even when his owner was incarcerated.

 

No comments: