Friday, December 21, 2007

flickr Statistics amaze me

Those of you who use flickr (and have "PRO" accounts) may have noticed last week that you now can see more detailed statistics on your photos. It's pretty neat to see from which websites you're getting visitors, who's viewing your pictures. For instance, I notice from my statistics, that some at wikiHow wrote on article titled "How to Recycle Your Socks" and used one of my flickr pictures to illustrate the article.

Here's a snapshot of my statistics page -- detailed stats are available only for the last 34 days or so (how long they've been gathering detailed stats). The numbers below are truly "all time" numbers, though:CropperCapture[29]

I'm charmed that "Nathan gets a handful" is number one... Not one of my most flattering pictures, but, I've pretty much committed to sharing everything publicly. Heaven help me if I ever decide to run for high public office -- I'm screwed.

I notice also that for some reason, my picture of the Little Family is consistently ranked very highly. No one has looked at it recently, however.

I can't imagine why the picture of Lindsay with the blue tongue ranks so highly. Here are the most recent (last 34 days or so) referrers (how people found it) for that picture:

CropperCapture[31]

My flip flops are very popular. Here's the referrer list (again, only flickr searches) for that picture:

CropperCapture[32]

It seems that when you search Yahoo news or images for Destin, some of my pics come up. Same for Jackson, MS and/or the St. Patrick's Day parade.

I'm a *huge* fan of flickr, by the way. I think you all should be uploading your pictures. If you're still thinking about what I should get you for Christmas, I'll be glad to buy my friends/family a pro account on flickr. Just let me know. :)

 

No comments: