Friday, July 14, 2006

Are you better off single?

Are you better off single?:
While snuggling up next to a warm body can be pretty fantastic, according to a survey conducted by the National Sleep Foundation, your bedmate can cause you to lose an average of 49 minutes of sleep per night. Sleeping two-to-a-bed just isnÂ’t as restful as snoozing solo.


Yes, but I'm not sure I want to be single. If I'm single, with whom do I snuggle on the couch? Pets don't count... If I'm single, with whom do I walk in the rain?

Of course, sleep is very important to me. I need my beauty rest -- yes I do. If I wear my earplugs and my eyemask, I'll bet I wouldn't even notice a woman in my bed... (Hrm, I'd better not tell any women that -- they might take it the wrong way.)

According to this article, single folks make-whoopee an average of only 49 times per year while married people get-it-on an average of 98 times -- the catch is that single folks supposedly have better lovin'. Besides the obvious question as to whether "more is better", I think star gazing on your back would probably be more special with someone special. I mean, jiggery-pokery isn't why we get married, but it's nothing to sneeze at! If you're looking for more fun euphemisms, check out this link from Wiktionary.

The article also asserts that single people are generally happier (or rather, less depressed). Of course, this makes some sense if you believe the article's assertion that single people are better looking ('cause everyone knows we let ourselves go when we get married) .

Read the article -- it's fun!

No comments: