Monday, January 30, 2006

So where is this going? Romance?

I've met someone. Not recently though -- I met her several months ago.

We met Adrienne when she visited Mrs. Wright's house in the spring of 2005. That seems like forever ago. At the time, I was enchanted, but I had reasons for not pursuing a relationship of any kind -- not the least of which was her moving to Memphis in the fall to begin her teaching career.

Adrienne is VERY intelligent, witty, well spoken, an excellent conversationalist, and very pretty. She's a committed conservative Christian.

A few weeks ago, Tori and Jeff asked if I'd come to dinner. We go to eat at a "swanky" restaurant probably once per quarter, on average. I'd meant to call Adrienne several times when in Memphis, but something always seemed to "come up" or prevent me from calling. This time, however, I did manage to call her and she accepted my invitation to dinner. We all dined at Cielo. Again, I was absolutely enchanted. She seemed to have a good time.

Saturday, after dinner at Cielo Friday night, we went out again -- that time, we simply hung around Wolfchase and had lunch at Grisanti's Bol-A-Pasta.

No comments: